Transfer Planning Tools
The materials on this page are for students who plan to continue at COC, or another community college, after high school in order to transfer into a college or university at the third (or "junior") year. If you are considering applying to a university directly out of high school, you can get information and tools to assist you at our Going Direct to College page.
The information on this page will be updated as regularly as possible to reflect the most current requirements for both Academy of the Canyons and College of the Canyons. Additionally, Ms. Cubbage gives class presentations and meets individually with students throughout the academic year.
You can read through all of the information on this page, or use the links below to skip to the section you are interested in.
- The tools listed here are designed to help you in preparing for the transfer process.
- Transfer Basics Presentation Packet - Students are given this packet during a classroom presentation designed to introduce transfer requirements and transfer resources. The presentation is made to all 10th graders in the spring semester.
- Direct/Transfer Planning Guide – Provides a timeline for both the process for applying direct to a university as well as for planning to transfer to a university from a community college, as well as answers to commonly asked questions regarding these paths.
- COC Student Success Seminars – Coordinated by the Office of Student Development, these seminars cover everything from time management to financial aid.
- COC Transfer Services – An essential service from the COC Counseling Office, this site is designed to cover the process for transferring from COC to other colleges in California and around the nation.
- UC Transfer Information Page – A direct link to the COC Counseling Office page for transferring to the University of California schools.
- IGETC - Here is a direct link to COC's information on the Inter-Segmental General Education Transfer Certificate (IGETC), with a list of COC courses which will help you meet these requirements.
- CSUGE - Here is a direct link to COC's information on the CSU General Education requirements, for transferring to a California State University school.
- ASSIST – Online student-transfer information system that shows how courses from community colleges can be applied when transferring to a UC or CSU school. You can also download directions for using ASSIST by clicking here.
- CSU Transfer Information Page – A direct link to the COC Counseling Office page for transferring to the California State University schools, including a list of COC courses which meet CSU lower division requirements.
- COC Associate Degree Information – Requirements for earning an Associates Degree at COC.
- COC Math Sequence Chart - Revised as of Fall 2012