Tom Cole, Chief Operations Officer, presented the following points to the board:
- District staff is proceeding with the Environmental Impact Report (EIR) analysis on the Hybrid site for the high school in Castaic.
- Notice of Preparation (NOP) document will be released by Jan. 27, 2012.
- New NOP will be distributed to the public for a 30-day comment period.
- Biological and cultural surveys have begun and should be completed by the end of January.
- District staff has received the seller’s Preliminary Title Report (PTR).
- Staff will complete a list of title exceptions to the PTR to be given to the seller, and the seller will have five days in which to respond.
- Once the seller accepts the title exceptions in writing, the additional refundable deposit for the property will be given to the seller.
- The District is on track to have the Hybrid site Due Diligence analysis completed by the end of March.
- The District expects to circulate a draft EIR document in early summer.